Pasta and Cheese Frittata
This dish is great for a no-fuss family dinner and makes for a terrific brunch, too. Try it using leftover spaghetti and meatballs or Orecchiette with Bacon and Tomato Sauce.
Everyday Food, March 2010
- 1/3 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 large eggs
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 cups Orecchiette with Bacon and Tomato Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/282835/orecchiette-with-bacon-and-tomato-sauce)
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta, Parmesan, and eggs; season with salt and pepper. Fold in reserved pasta until well combined.
- Heat broiler. In a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add pasta mixture, pressing with the back of a rubber spatula to spread it evenly in skillet. Cook, without stirring, until golden brown and set on bottom, about 6 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and broil until frittata is golden brown, about 4 minutes. With a thin spatula, loosen frittata from skillet; invert onto a large plate. Cut into wedges; serve hot or at room temperature.
Place a plate slightly larger than the skillet snugly over the top. Using your hand to hold the plate firmly in place, flip the frittata onto the plate in one quick motion.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.