Pita-Bread Salad with Cucumber, Mint, and Feta
Martha Stewart Living, June 2002
- 2 regular pita breads, cut into 1-inch squares
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 bunch fresh mint, trimmed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch watercress, trimmed
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread pita squares in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until they are nicely crisp, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and olive oil, and season with salt.
- In a medium salad bowl, combine toasted pita bread, celery, and cucumber; add vinegar mixture, and toss well to combine. Just before serving, add mint and watercress; gently toss again. Sprinkle feta cheese over the top, and season with pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.