- 4 to 6 Kirby cucumbers (about 1 pound), quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- Place cucumbers in a medium bowl. In a medium saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, salt, dill seed, and garlic with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar and salt dissolve; pour over cucumbers.
- Use a small plate to submerge cucumbers in liquid. Refrigerate until cool, at least 2 hours.
To store, transfer to an airtight container, and refrigerate up to 2 weeks. To serve, remove from liquid.