Sauteed Spinach with Crisp Pancetta
Tender spinach tastes even better when topped with crumbled pancetta.
Everyday Food, March 2009
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 6 thin slices pancetta or 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 bunches flat-leaf spinach (about 2 1/2 pounds total), trimmed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Add pancetta; cook until crisp, 4 to 6 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to a paper-towel-lined plate; reserve fat in skillet.
- Add as much spinach as will fit in skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing spinach and adding more as it wilts. Continue to cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and pour off excess liquid; stir in lemon juice. Top with pancetta.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.