Lemon-Garlic Lamb Kebabs
The lemon wedges caramelize on the grill, making them slightly sweet. When serving the skewers, squeeze the lemon juice over the lamb for added flavor.
Everyday Food, July/August 2004
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 1/2 pounds leg of lamb, well-trimmed and cut into 20 equal cubes (about 1 inch each)
- 8 thin lemon wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for grill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Feta Dipping Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/262334/feta-dipping-sauce)
- Fresh parsley sprigs, for serving (optional)
- Heat grill to high. Assemble 4 long skewers, alternating 5 lamb cubes with 2 lemon wedges on each. Arrange skewers in a nonmetallic dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Pour marinade over skewers; turn to coat. Let
stand at least 5 minutes (or cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally). Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil grates. Place skewers on grill; cover grill,
and cook, turning occasionally, until grill marks are visible and meat is cooked to desired doneness, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Serve with sauce, and garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
Skewers are a festive choice for grilling. Plus, they're easy to handle and can be assembled ahead of time. A tangy dipping sauce made with lemon juice, feta cheese, and salt and pepper goes well with these Greek-style skewers.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.