Leftover shallots will keep for several days in the refridgerator and can be used in omelets, pizzas, sautes, and sandwiches.
Martha Stewart Living, November/December 1991
- 10 large or 15 small shallots
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Peel shallots and cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch slices.
- Heat oil in a small saute pan over medium heat. Add the butter and shallots. Sprinkle with sugar and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook shallots until they begin to brown evenly, then turn heat down to low and continue to cook until very soft, about 10 minutes. Serve at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.