- 1 to 2 jalapeños
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place jalapenos directly over the flame of a gas-stove burner on high heat or on a grill. Roast jalapenos, turning with tongs, until blistered.
- Mash together herbs, garlic, paprika, and salt with a mortar and pestle or in a food processor. Heat oil over medium-low heat. Stir in herb mixture, jalapenos, vinegar, and pepper. Cook until just heated through.
Sauce can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.