Mark's Steak with Butter and Ginger Sauce
Martha Stewart Living, July/August 1999
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless top blade, sirloin, or rib-eye steak, 3/4 inch thick
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it begins to smoke. Add steak, and cook until nicely browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn, and cook until browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, transfer steak to a plate, and set aside.
- When the skillet has cooled slightly, return it to the stove over medium-low heat. Add the butter; when it melts, add the ginger, and saute about 30 seconds. Add the soy sauce, stirring with a spoon until thick. Return the steaks to the skillet along with any accumulated juices. Increase the heat to medium, and cook, turning the steak after 3 or 4 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer the steak to a serving dish, and spoon the pan juices over the steak. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.