Ginger-Sesame Bok Choy
Everyday Food, December 2005
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 5 thin slices peeled fresh ginger
- 4 to 5 heads baby bok choy, (1 pound), each halved lengthwise
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, bring 1 cup water and ginger to a boil. Add the bok choy; reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until leaves are vibrant green and stems are fork-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well; discard ginger.
- Transfer bok choy to a serving platter; drizzle with the vinegar-soy mixture, and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.