Fast Homemade Pickles
Good with burgers, grilled chicken, deli sandwiches, or hot dogs. Any sturdy glass jar (new or reused) works well for these quick pickles. Always clean and dry the jars before using.
Everyday Food, July/August 2009
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 to 4 small red chiles (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups fresh dill fronds (about 1 bunch)
- <a href="http://www.marthastewart.com/297051/fast-homemade-pickles-vegetables">Prepared Vegetables</a>
- In a medium saucepan, combine white vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard seed, celery seed, red chiles (optional), and ground turmeric. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Arrange prepared vegetables and dill fronds in one or more jars. Pour hot brine into jar to completely cover vegetables and seal jar. Refrigerate until cool, about 2 hours (or up to 1 week).
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.