Tembleque with Mango-Kumquat Relish
This delicious recipe is courtesy of Carmen Gonzalez.
The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2008
- 4 cups canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Mango-Kumquat Relish (http://www.marthastewart.com/254998/mango-kumquat-relish), for garnish
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Rinse six 6-ounce ramekins under running water. Place on a baking sheet; set aside.
- Place 3/4 cup coconut milk and cornstarch in a small saucepan; stir until cornstarch is dissolved. Add remaining coconut milk, sugar, orange blossom water, and salt. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- When mixture starts to thicken, reduce heat and continue cooking until it coats the back of a spoon, 8 to 9 minutes. Immediately pour mixture into prepared ramekins. Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, until cooled completely and set, at least 3 hours.
- Invert each ramekin onto a serving plate. Top each tembleque with mango-kumquat relish and garnish with a mint leaves. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.