Mixed Grilled Vegetables
Wooden skewers need to be soaked for 30 minutes to prevent them from catching fire on the grill.
Everyday Food, July/August 2006
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grates
- 2 red onions, cut into 3/4-inch-thick rounds
- 2 yellow squash (1 1/2 pounds total), cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices on the diagonal
- 2 red bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), cut into 2-inch-wide pieces
- 2 yellow bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), cut into 2-inch-wide pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat grill to high; lightly oil grates. Insert two 8-inch-long metal or presoaked wooden skewers through onion slices horizontally.
- Place prepared skewers and remaining vegetables on one or two rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper. Working in batches if necessary, remove from baking sheets; arrange on grill. Cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and tender, 4 to 8 minutes for squash and 8 to 12 minutes for onions and peppers. Remove skewers, and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.