Cucumber Salad with Sour Cream and Dill Dressing
We've given this creamy recipe a healthy -- but barely detectable -- update. Reduced-fat sour cream (in place of full-fat) lowers the calorie count without losing taste.
Everyday Food Fresh Flavor Fast, 2010
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish (optional)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 to 6 Kirby cucumbers (about 1 pound), halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, lemon juice, and dill. Season with salt and pepper, and whisk well to combine.
- Add cucumbers, and toss to coat. Garnish with more dill, if desired. Serve, or refrigerate, covered, up to 4 hours.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.