Lemony Zucchini, Chickpea, and Lima Bean Salad
Every spoonful of this chopped salad includes a medley of fresh zucchini and basil, buttery lima beans, and rich Parmesan.
Martha Stewart Living, August 2007
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen lima beans, blanched
- 1/2 cup drained canned chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 romaine leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, broken into small chunks (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, plus small sprigs for garnish
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine lima beans, chickpeas, zucchini, onion, romaine, Parmesan, and chopped basil. Add lemon juice, oil, red-pepper flakes, salt, and pepper, and toss to combine. Garnish with basil sprigs.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.