Creamy Deviled Egg Recipe
Deviled eggs are a classic and one of Martha Stewart's favorite hors d'oeuvres. Deviled eggs are crowd-pleasing party snack that are the perfect way to start a casual evening. Make this creamy deviled egg recipe and get your party started in 30 minutes or less!
Everyday Food, June 2007
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 8
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Paprika, for garnish
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan; add cold water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a rolling boil. Remove pan from heat; cover, and let stand 13 minutes. Drain, and run eggs under cold water to cool them.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, shallot, and hot sauce.
- Peel eggs, and halve lengthwise; remove yolks, leaving whites intact. Transfer yolks to bowl with mayonnaise mixture, and season with salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Mound yolk mixture into whites. Sprinkle with paprika just before serving, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 8 hours.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.