Grilled Pork Chops with Cucumber-Dill Salad
Backyard barbecuing becomes an easy weeknight option with quick-cooking chops and a crisp cucumber salad.
Everyday Food, June 2009
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for grates
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 pork shoulder or rib chops (8 ounces each and 1/2 inch thick)
- Combine cucumber, onion, lemon juice, oil, and sugar; season with salt and pepper. Let stand 10 minutes, then stir in dill.
- Heat grill to high. Clean and lightly oil hot grates. Season pork with salt and pepper. Grill pork just until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Serve pork with cucumber salad.
Pork shoulder chops are a great low-cost cut; you can also use boneless pork loin chops. Chicken cutlets are another good option.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.