Kids will love these easy burritos. The healthy ingredients are rolled in a flour tortilla and baked until crisp and golden.
Martha Stewart Living Special Issues, 2006
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus more for baking sheet
- 6 broccoli florets, cut into small pieces, stalks peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds (about 2 cups total)
- 2 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 ounces Jarlsberg cheese, coarsely shredded (about 1/3 cup)
- 4 flour tortillas, (each 8 inches in diameter)
- 1 medium boneless, skinless chicken breast half (about 6 ounces)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add chicken; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Let cool completely. Coarsely chop chicken, and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Bring 1 1/2 inches of water to a boil in a small saucepan fitted with the steamer insert. Add broccoli; cover, and cook until broccoli is just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Let cool completely. Coarsely chop broccoli; add to chicken in the bowl. Add cheeses, and season with salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Place a packed 1/2 cup of chicken mixture in center of each tortilla; shape filling into a horizontal oval. Fold in right and left sides about 1/2 inch, then tightly roll up.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place pockets seam down on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake until crisp and beginning to turn golden, about 12 minutes. Cut in half crosswise, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.