Perfect Grilled Steak
For juicy meat and a great crust, choose a thicker cut such as rib eye. Because this type of steak takes longer to cook, it will have time to develop a nice sear.
Everyday Food, July/August 2009
- Yield Makes 2 to 3 servings
- 1 porterhouse, flank, or rib-eye steak, 1 3/4 pounds and 1 1/2 inch thick
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Heat grill to medium-high; clean and lightly oil hot grates. Generously season steak with salt and pepper.
- Grill steak 8 minutes, rotating 90 degrees halfway through. Flip steak and cook 8 minutes more for medium-rare (a thermometer inserted horizontally into center of meat should register 125 degrees), rotating again halfway through. Let rest 8 to 10 minutes before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.