- 4 russet potatoes (3 pounds), pricked all over with a fork
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups reduced-fat (2 percent) Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, plus 2-inch pieces for garnish (optional)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until fork tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Let cool slightly.
- Warm butter and cream in a small saucepan. Carefully peel hot potatoes, and cut into thirds. Pass potatoes through a ricer into a large bowl. Fold in cream mixture, yogurt, and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place eight 6-ounce ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet, and divide potatoes among ramekins. Bake until tops are slightly puffed and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes. Garnish with chives if desired before serving.
Regular yogurt may not be substituted; it will separate during baking. To bake this in one dish, spoon the potatoes into an eight-inch square baking pan, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.