Chicken, Lemon, and Dill with Orzo
Everyday Food, November 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes
- Yield Serves 6
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound orzo
- 2 cups crumbled feta (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a saucepan, bring broth, 3/4 cup water, butter, salt, and pepper to a boil. In a 3-quart baking dish, combine chicken, orzo, feta, dill, lemon zest and juice. Pour broth mixture over orzo and stir once to incorporate. Bake until orzo is tender and cooking liquid is creamy, 40 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan on top and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
The Greek flavors in this dish are great with a fresh fennel salad. For a vegetarian main course, omit the chicken and use vegetable broth.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.