Semifreddo means "half cold" in Italian. Here it refers to the slushy mixture that brings texture and flavor to this classic Champagne cocktail.
Martha Stewart Living, August 2004
- 1 cup peeled, chopped peaches, frozen until hardened
- 1/4 cup peach schnapps
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chilled Champagne or sparkling white wine
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 cup small ice cubes
- Peach slices, for garnish
- Blend peaches, peach schnapps, 2 tablespoons Champagne, the sugar, and ice in a blender until smooth. Divide mixture between 2 glasses; top off each glass with 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Champagne, and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.