Baked Plum Tomatoes
Everyday Food, May/June 2003
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed dried herbs, such as thyme, marjoram, oregano, and basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Halve 4 plum tomatoes lengthwise; slice off a sliver from the skin side so that the halves lie flat in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, toss together 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs, 1/2 teaspoon mixed dried herbs (thyme, marjoram, oregano, and basil), 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Mound mixture on top of each tomato half.
- Bake until tomatoes are soft and topping is crisp and browned, about 20 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.