If you prefer a burrito with a milder taste, use jalapeno peppers, which are slightly larger and cooler than serrano chiles.
Martha Stewart Living, September 1997
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small avocado, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 serrano chile, stem and seeds removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato, cucumber, avocado, chile, cilantro, lime juice, and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Divide mixture among the four tortillas; roll up. Cut each tortilla in half; serve with the chile-rubbed salmon and black beans and corn.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.