This delicious recipe for big pancakes is courtesy of Andy Beardslee of Hash House A Go Go.
The Martha Stewart Show, February 2006
Yield Makes four 10-inch pancakes
- 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 cup granola
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, milk, butter, and vanilla. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Batter will be lumpy.
- Heat a large griddle over medium-high heat. Pour 2 cups batter onto griddle; top with 1/2 cup blackberries and 1/4 cup granola. When batter bubbles on top, flip pancake; cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining batter, blackberries, and granola.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.