- 2 teaspoons small capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- French bread, sliced (about 2 ounces)
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled and halved
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 14 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- For garlic toast: Heat broiler with rack 4 inches from heat. Brush both sides of 2 slices French bread with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Broil until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Rub one side of bread with cut sides of 1 peeled and halved garlic clove; sprinkle with coarse salt. Discard garlic; set toast aside.
- For sauteed shrimp: In a medium skillet, heat remaining tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add 1 minced medium shallot, and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add 14 peeled and deveined medium shrimp. Cook, tossing occasionally, until shrimp are opaque throughout,
about 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a shallow bowl, and set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup fresh orange juice, 2 teaspoons small capers (rinsed and drained), and 1/4 teaspoon
coarse salt to the skillet; bring to a boil. Cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Spoon
over shrimp. Serve with toast.
For the best results, prepare all the ingredients while the broiler is heating, then make the garlic toast just before cooking the shrimp.