Serrano Ham Crostini
- 24 slices baguette, 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, halved
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 24 slices (paper-thin) serrano ham
- Very finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Heat broiler. To make crostini: Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Broil for 1 1/2 minutes (the broiling time varies from oven to oven so watch carefully as bread darkens). Turn over slices, and toast until golden, about 1 minute more. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Rub crostini with tomato halves to infuse them with flavor and juices; discard tomatos. Drizzle crostini with olive oil. Top each crostini with a slice of ham. Brush with olive oil. Arrange on a serving platter, and sprinkle with parsley.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.