A twist on an old favorite, this recipe combines two kinds of sweet cereals with Rice Krispies. These squares are perfect as after-school snacks.
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 cups (2 1/2 bags) miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 6 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal
- 6 cups Froot Loops cereal
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- Lightly spray a 9-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan with vegetable-oil cooking spray; set aside. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add salt and marshmallows; stir with a wooden spoon until melted. Remove from heat. Add Rice Krispies, Cap'n Crunch, and Froot Loops, and stir until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. To prevent sticking, coat your hands with vegetable spray, and press the mixture evenly into the pan. Let cool, about 30 minutes.
- Cut into 3-by-3-inch bars. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.