Sakuru Ponzu Dipping Sauce
Serve this dipping sauce alongside En Japanese Brasserie's Shabu Shabu.
The Martha Stewart Show, May 2010
- 1/4 cup sake, such as Dassai 50
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup bottled yuzu juice
- 1/2 cup katsuobushi (bonito flakes)
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (5-by-5-inch) piece kombu
- 10 cherry leaves
- Place sake and mirin in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Let boil for 30 seconds. Transfer to an airtight container along with yuzu juice, katsuobushi, soy sauce, and kombu. Cover and refrigerate for 3 weeks.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve; discard solids. Return mixture to an airtight container and add cherry leaves. Cover and refrigerate for 1 week before using.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.