Roasted Yam Halves
Halving the yams before roasting greatly reduces the cooking time and gives them a nice golden crust.
Martha Stewart Living, February Winter 2004
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 yams or sweet potatoes (about 1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Halve yams, and place, cut side up, in a shallow baking dish just large enough to hold them in a single layer. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden brown and very tender, 35 to 45 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.