Muscat and Lemon Thyme Syrup
This recipe is designed to accompany the Lemon Thyme Pound Cakes. Slowly drizzle syrup over the cakes while they're still warm, then pour any leftover syrup onto plates so that your guests can soak individual bites. For this syrup, we like the delicate floral aroma of Muscat de Beaumes-de-Venise.
Photography: Beatriz Da Costa
Martha Stewart Living, March Spring 2006
- 3/4 cup Muscat wine, such as Muscat de Beaumes-de-Venise
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 sprigs fresh lemon thyme
- Stir wine, sugar, lemon thyme, and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 20 minutes.
- Pour syrup through a fine sieve into a bowl; discard lemon thyme. Let cool slightly, about 5 minutes, before serving. Syrup can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 1 week; reheat over medium-low heat before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.