Green Beans and Portobello Mushrooms
Photography: Clive Streeter
Everyday Food, November 2003
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 8 ounces portobello mushroom, caps cleaned, halved, and thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound trimmed green beans
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Heat oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot; cook, stirring, until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add mushroom caps; cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup water and green beans; season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook until beans are crisp-tender, 7 to 10 minutes. If any liquid remains, raise heat, and cook until it evaporates.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.