Zesty Chicken Salad
This dish has a crunchy texture and a flavorful ginger-lime dressing.
Everyday Food, April 2006
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 1
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces thinly sliced cooked chicken breast, (1 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, (ribs and seeds removed), thinly sliced lengthwise into 2-inch strips
- 2 ounces snow peas, ends trimmed, thinly sliced lengthwise (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced crosswise
- In a small bowl, combine oil, lime juice, soy sauce, and ginger; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a small airtight container; set aside.
- Combine chicken, bell pepper, snow peas, and carrot in a separate airtight container.
- Refrigerate chicken salad and dressing separately until ready to serve, up to overnight. Just before serving, toss salad with dressing.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.