Blueberry Tie-Dye Pops
Blending yogurt with lemon juice results in an airy mixture that is more delicious when frozen. If the fruit is not ripe, add a half cup of orange juice to the puree.
Martha Stewart Kids, Summer/Fall
Yield Makes one dozen 1/2-cup pops
- 32 ounces low-fat or nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5 ounces fresh or frozen blueberries
- In the jar of a blender, blend 28 ounces yogurt and 2 tablespoons lemon juice; transfer to a bowl. Wash the blender jar, and combine remaining 4 ounces yogurt with 1/2 cup berries and remaining tablespoon lemon juice in jar. Blend to make 1 cup.
- Fill each 1/3-cup pop mold with alternating layers of yogurt and puree, adding whole fruit as you go. Swirl with a knife. Freeze 25 minutes. Insert wooden pop sticks halfway, and freeze overnight. Pops will keep, frozen, for at least 3 weeks.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.