- 2 cans (6 ounces each) water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) great Northern or navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced (3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices thick country bread, toasted or grilled
- In a large bowl, combine tuna, beans, garlic, tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, capers, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Serve on top of bread.
To make this recipe as seen on "The Martha Stewart Show," use only 1/4 cup lemon juice.