Creamy Polenta with Parmesan
Parmesan cheese adds a bit of sharpness to creamy polenta in this popular Italian side dish.
Also Try: Chicken Cacciatore, Lemony Kale Salad
The Martha Stewart Show, September 2010
- 7 cups whole milk
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups polenta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place milk in a medium saucepan and add 2 teaspoons salt; bring to a boil over medium heat. While whisking constantly, gradually add polenta. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in butter and cheese; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.