Cut into small pieces, the beans look like tiny jewels.
Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1998/1999
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed beans, such as green beans, yellow beans, and haricots verts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Trim the stems and tips of green beans, yellow beans, and haricots verts. Cut all beans into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Add 1 1/4 teaspoons salt and the beans. Cook the beans until tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer the beans to a colander to drain.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the beans; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until beans are hot and coated in butter, about 2 minutes. Add the parsley and the grated lemon zest; stir to combine. Serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.