Fig and Prosciutto Sandwiches
Mascarpone cheese is available at Italian groceries; if you can't find it, substitute cream cheese.
Martha Stewart Living, August 1994
- 8 thin slices whole-grain bread
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese, or cream cheese
- 8 ripe green figs, stemmed
- 8 thin slices prosciutto (about 9 ounces), trimmed of fat and torn into quarters
- 32 fresh mint leaves
- Remove crusts from bread, and cut each slice into four squares. Spread mascarpone or cream cheese on each square.
- Cut each fig lengthwise into four slices. Place a folded prosciutto slice on each square. Top with a mint leaf and a slice of fig.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.