Creamy Polenta with Thyme
Pair this delicious side dish with braised short ribs for a savory homemade meal.
The Martha Stewart Show, October Fall 2008
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
- In a large saucepan, combine 7 cups water, 2 teaspoons coarse salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Whisking constantly, gradually add cornmeal. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer polenta, whisking frequently, until thickened and creamy, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with thyme, and serve. If polenta thickens upon standing, stir in a little hot water.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.