Individual Pizza with Arugula and Tomatoes
Top homemade pizza with healthy arugula and tomatoes for a fun, family-friendly meal from "Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast."
Also try: Roasted Root-Vegetable Pizza
The Martha Stewart Show, February 2010
- 1 pound Basic Pizza Dough (http://www.marthastewart.com/283372/basic-pizza-dough), or store bought pizza dough, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- Olive oil
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 3 cups baby arugula (2 ounces)
- 3 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese, shaved
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Divide dough into four equal pieces. Using your hands, stretch each piece into a 5-inch disk.
- Brush two rimless baking sheets with oil. Place disks of dough on baking sheets; brush dough lightly with oil. Using your hands, crush tomatoes in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Spread tomatoes on dough; sprinkle with red-pepper flakes. Bake, rotating sheets from top to bottom and front to back halfway through, until crusts are golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Toss arugula with cheese; divide among pizzas. Drizzle with vinegar and oil.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.