Toasted Brioche Rounds with Creme Fraiche and Caviar
For larger parties, try using different types of caviar for a colorful and enticing platter.
- 1 one-pound loaf brioche, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 eight-ounce container creme fraiche or sour cream
- 2 ounces black caviar, or more
- Using a 1 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut 36 rounds of brioche from slices. Place 1 tablespoon butter in a 12-inch skillet. Melt over medium heat. Add half the rounds; cook until golden, turning once, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining butter and rounds. Let cool on a wire rack or paper towel. Store rounds in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- Place a dollop of creme fraiche on each round, and top with caviar.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.