Basil brings depth to this lush and lightly sweet drink, which is
chock-full of fruit.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2010
- 4 cups pineapple chunks (about 1 pineapple)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups Limeade (http://www.marthastewart.com/255231/limeade)
- 1 cup silver tequila (preferably agave)
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- Ice cubes
- Pineapple chunks and fresh basil, for garnish
- Pulse pineapple chunks in a food processor until chopped but not pureed. Muddle basil with sugar in a large pitcher. Add pineapple, limeade, tequila, and salt. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Fill pitcher with ice cubes. Garnish with pineapple chunks and basil.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.