Dinner Home Fries
Everyday Food, May/June 2003
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, chopped into 1/2-inch thick pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 3/4-inch pieces, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat; cover, and cook 5 minutes.
- Add another tablespoon olive oil; stir in 1 onion, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups). Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, 5 minutes.
- Uncover; cook, stirring frequently, until potatoes and onions are browned, about 15 minutes. Toss with another 1/4 teaspoon salt, and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.