Photo: Lisa Hubbard
Martha Stewart Living
- Yield Makes about 30 cups
- 25 cups popped popcorn (from about 1 cup kernels)
- 3 cups unsalted whole skin-on almonds, toasted (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Put popcorn in a large bowl. Add the nuts; set aside. Put sugar, corn syrup, butter, cocoa, and salt in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture comes to a gentle simmer, about 5 minutes.
- Pour sugar mixture over popcorn and nuts; toss to coat. Transfer to rimmed baking sheets; bake, stirring every 20 minutes, until almost dry, about 1 hour. Let cool on sheets on wire racks.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.