French-Cut Green Beans With Dill Butter
To prepare the beans, trim both ends with a paring knife, or snap off. Then cut beans in half into approximately equal-size pieces. With a paring knife, carefully split each bean in half lengthwise.
Everyday Food, September 2003
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound French-cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- To prepare beans, trim both ends with a paring knife, or snap off. Cut beans in half into approximately equal-size pieces, then carefully split each bean in half lengthwise with a paring knife.
- Bring 1 tablespoon butter and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a large skillet. Add beans. Cover; cook over medium-low heat until tender, 16 to 20 minutes.
- Toss with remaining tablespoon butter and dill. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.