Aromatic herbs and a pinch of spicy red-pepper flakes enliven the subtle, creamy flavor of fresh mozzarella.
Martha Stewart Living, May 2008
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Olives, crackers, bread, and sliced cured meats (such as salami Toscana), for serving
- Combine oil, herbs, red-pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle over mozzarella. Let stand for at least 20 minutes (or up to 1 hour). Serve with olives, crackers, bread, and cured meats.
You can substitute whole bocconcini (tiny balls of fresh mozzarella) for the sliced mozzarella.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.