Chili Oven Fries
Everyday Food, June 2004
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 3 large russet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Halve 3 large russet potatoes lengthwise; cut each half lengthwise into thirds.
- In a large bowl, whisk olive oil with chili powder; season generously with coarse salt and ground pepper. Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- Transfer potatoes to a baking sheet, cut sides down. Bake, turning potatoes halfway through, until they are tender and golden brown, about 45 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.