Spinach Salad with Turkey Bacon and Blue Cheese
Everyday Food, January/February 2006
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 8 ounces turkey bacon
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound baby spinach
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced (3/4cup)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- Herb Toasts (http://www.marthastewart.com/261372/herb-toasts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment; arrange bacon in a single layer. Bake until browned and crisp, turning once halfway through, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel- lined plate. When cool, slice crosswise into 1/2-inch strips.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper. Add spinach and onion, and toss to combine. Divide among plates; sprinkle with turkey bacon and cheese. Serve with quartered eggs and Herb Toasts on the side.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.