Salmon Cakes with Sorrel Sauce
Martha Stewart Living, March 2008
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Makes 12
- 1 pound cooked or canned salmon, flaked
- 2/3 cup cooked potato, from <u>Crisp Potato Skins</u>
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 scallions, white and pale-green parts only, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh sorrel leaves (4 ounces)
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Mix salmon, potato, eggs, scallions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the pepper in a bowl. Form into twelve 2 1/2-inch cakes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the cakes, and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining oil and cakes.
- Bring cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add sorrel and parsley, and cook for 2 minutes. Puree with lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a blender or a food processor until smooth.
- Spoon sauce over salmon cakes, and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.