Spinach Salad with Dried Cherries
Look for pumpkin seeds next to nuts in grocery stores.
Everyday Food, April 2005
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 4 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup raw green pumpkin seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, and oil until combined and thickened; season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach, onion, and cherries; toss to combine. Serve immediately, topped with pumpkin seeds.
To toast the pumpkin seeds, spread in a single layer in a pie plate; bake in a 350-degree oven until puffed and brown, about 10 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.