Endive Petals with Smoked Scallops
Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1998/1999
- 2 small red beets
- 1/2 pound smoked sea scallops, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 heads Belgian endive
- Fill a small saucepan with water. Add beets, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until fork tender, about 45 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Drain, peel and set beets aside to cool. Chop beets into 1/4-inch dice.
- Combine beets, scallops, and parsley in a small bowl. Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve scallops on individual endive leaves.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.